Friday, March 22, 2019

Mini World - 12. Joining the Dance




Google Plus failed.  At the beginning I thought it aimed to be another Instagram but I was wrong; Google Plus wanted to be another Facebook, only more efficient. Did we want another Facebook? Why should we abandon our love/hate relationship with it?  

What I liked about Google Plus.  


Variety.  My world became bigger.  I liked the possibility to create my own gallery of photographers whose work I liked.  I didn't know that soon I would lose my gallery.

Recently I learned in a surprising way that we are still connected to Google Plus.  I switched to Blogger account and tried to change my image. I thought it would be simple but I was wrong.  It took a while to figure out that I had to return back to Google Plus account and then start the whole process again.

I like the quote of Alan Wilson Watts:


The only sense to make out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance. 


That is exactly what I am going to do, letting some things go, little by little, while joining the dance.




12 comments:

  1. Hola Kaya. Yo creo que google+ no era mala idea, pero le fataba alguna cosa. Yo creo que el diseño no era suficientemente bueno y que la gente lo usaba como lataforma para sus otros sitios web o blocs. En mi caso, lo he intentado en Facebook, Instagram i Google+, pero como en blogger no he encontrado un sitio mejor. Pero vaya, todo son gustos. Preciosa como siempre tu imagen, Kaya.
    Un abrazo y buen fin de semana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would title this photograph, "Organized Chaos."
    I think it is great and beautiful.

    Other than blogger, I belong to no other forms of social media.
    I think that stems from paranoia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Google + had a great idea, but people will not want pictures, nice, quiet. People will also argue contradictory discussions, and they chose Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. But maybe you need to learn the quickstep,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never did Google Plus, just Blogger. Now I'm glad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shot of the birds! I like how the light hits them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Espero que el cierre de GooglePlus no afecte a los blogs... Yo, de momento, no he notado nada... La verdad es que GooglePlus no lo usaba practicamente

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow...amazing...love it.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Como no soy usuario de Google + no tengo opinión. De momento me siento a gusto con Blogger donde puedo exponer y comentar hermosas fotos como la tuya Kaya.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Una belleza esas aves en vuelo iluminadas por esa luz solar.

    Saludos. Bonita foto, Kaya.

    ReplyDelete