Tuesday, November 13, 2018

"Ah, This Goose..."






I photograph a lot of our local geese. It's kind of obsession which I can't explain or perhaps love at first sight which never fades.

Two years ago I took a photography class at our local university. At the beginning of semester my professor asked us to bring to the class photographs with motion. Not thinking for a long time I went to our local pond and took a photograph of a goose beating his wings.

When my photo appeared on the big screen in the classroom, my professor exclaimed,

"Ah, this goose!"

Well, that wasn't the best comment you expected from your professor. The word "ah" meant that the photograph is an absolute cliche.

I am not concerned about making cliches now but every time when I am taking  photographs of geese, I hear my professor's voice and his "Ah, this goose...".   

I turn his voice down and take anyway photos of my beloved geese.


9 comments:

  1. The first photo is a jewel. Anyone who would see it would say: ah!
    The second image shows a moment in the life of the gang, regardless of the world it is in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Да, первое фото - Ах!
    А второе тоже нравится, люблю эти торчащие поплавки, до чего же они забавные))

    ReplyDelete
  3. A goose beating its wings sounds like a great motion shot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. La primera fotografía es muy bella con ese plumaje blanco y delicado; yo diría un ¡oh! admirativo. La segunda es graciosa con esa postura tan curiosa en busca de comida bajo el agua.
    Un abrazo,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder what the guy in the second photograph is finding to eat down there .... seriously ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a storybook goose. Especially the first shot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think geese are beautiful - and so are the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buenas fotos, Kaya, en especial para mi gusto la primera, tomaste la foto en un momento muy elegante.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete