Sunday, November 18, 2018

Not a Pleasant Moment

I photographed before these Muscovy ducks but this time I did something wrong which made a male Muscovy duck very angry that he started to challenge me.



The ducks were on the bridge enjoying warm sunny day but soon the female duck (photo above) decided to leave the bridge.  She was brave and walked directly toward me not being concerned about my presence.  Everything was peaceful and without problems.




This guy wasn't willing to follow the same path. At first he tried to get over the bridge into the water but changed his mind.  I should leave the bridge when he decided to walk toward me but I didn't.

When the duck reached the bridge's end he was annoyed and unhappy. He approached me and didn't let me go. That was a very odd situation. I tried to chase him away with my camera but it didn't work.

Then I took off my backpack and said to the duck, that I am going to fight seriously and showed him my backpack. I didn't have any idea what I would do next. It was just a threat. And it worked, the duck looked at my backpack (it's big) and finally let me go.




The male Muscovy duck is a very beautiful and very protected of his mate.




She is also very attractive!  My guess is that these two birds are going to stay during winter at our local pond.



13 comments:

  1. If they like the place, the ducks will stay there forever. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could you tell he was angry?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The detail you get in some of your pictures, Kaya, is nothing short of amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. El pato macho tiene un aspecto muy fiero. Fuiste muy valiente y a cambio de eso conseguistes una buenas fotos de la pareja.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Смешно читать, ситуация дурацкая совершенно. Но будь я перед серьезно настроеной уткой, мне бы было тоже не до смеха. Люди по сравнению с животными совершенно неуклюжи. Хорошо, что у тебя есть рюкзак. Дамская сумка - страшное оружие))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Люди по сравнению с... Хорошо...
      Извини, часть букв убежала от утки))

      Delete
    2. Нет, это гугль-переводчик шалит.

      Delete
  6. I have seen "critters" do illogical things in terms of their size .... for instance, a 20-pound Pomeranian go toe-to-toe barking like there was no tomorrow with a Chesapeake Bay retriever which must have been in the neighborhood of 70 pounds. Fortunately, the Chesapeake must have eaten a big breakfast that day or simply been in a good mood because in less than a minute he just turned and walked away. Just like with people, you never know with any certainty what an animal might do ....

    Super photographs, Kaya ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buenas tomas de este curioso pato. Me imagino el desafío entre el pato y la mochila y no puedo por menos que sonreír.
    Un abrazo,

    ReplyDelete
  8. A pesar del riesgo que corriste, las fotos te quedaron estupendas,Kaya, con una definición muy buena, buen trabajo.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. luckily, he let you go...you are smart.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, interesting story and beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete