Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Only a Few Seconds












With birds everything happens in a second. They are never still. They fly away from you or if you are lucky they fly toward you.

I don't have any idea why this California gull decided to fly toward me, I can only be grateful for that.  Usually all birds are flying away from me.

I took a sequence of photographs with the gull flying toward me and changing her direction before landing (last photo). That was a very exciting experience which lasted only a few seconds.


12 comments:

  1. that is not the same with Muscovy ducks ! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. My experience is that gulls can be pretty ornery birds. I have had them dive at me at times when canoeing, and a couple times actually bounce off my head. Between ducks and gulls, my advice to you, Kaya, is to make sure you are wearing gloves and a hat -- teasing .... sort of ....

    The right time at the right place photographs .... super shots ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beautiful drawing of wings in flight.
    Photos are impacting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muy bello contemplar como has congelado sus movimientos
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful pictures, Kaya. The detail on the gull is uncompromised and the droplets of water exploding everywhere make the whole image connote of motion and power. Remarkable stuff. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great! Kaya you always seem to be in the right place at the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toda una secuencia del aterrizaje de la gaviota en la que has mantenido la nitidez de la imagen congelando el movimiento. Bien trabajada la velocidad de exposición.
    Un abrazo,

    ReplyDelete
  8. En solo unos segundos han conseguido unas fotos de envidia.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Con que maestría la has captado y congelado en pleno vuelo, bien hecho.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Capturadas las imágenes en el mejor momento del vuelo.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete