Wednesday, November 8, 2017

A Prayer





It's curious how much time I spend reading prayers.

I look for them everywhere.  I think of them as answers or insights.

My mind especially open to prayer when I am reading a book; 

it's quiet, attentive and focused.

These prayers are my revelations.

Thus, this prayer came from the book "Bear Town" by Swedish writer Frederick Backman:   

If you are honest, people may deceive you.

Be honest anyway.

If you kind people may accuse you of selfishness.

Be kind anyway.

If the good you do today will be forgotten by others tomorrow

Be good anyway.

What you create, others can destroy.

Create anyway.

Because in the end, it's between you and God.

It never was between you and anyone else anyway.








5 comments:

  1. There is a Buddy Holly song, "Not Fade Away," that over the years has been performed by probably dozens of singers and/or bands. For whatever reason, when I look at your photograph that song enters my mind.

    This prayer is most excellent advice, Kaya. I especially like, "Be good anyway ...."

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo shows, as the words say, that there are two worlds: the one who does well and the one who does evil, but beyond them is God.
    Another poetic image that urges calm and meditation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muy buena me gusta mucho lo que logras con la doble exposición. Yo nunca lo he intentado. Después de ver tu foto me voy a poner a ello

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buena foto, Kaya,bien conseguida esa doble exposición y muy acertada para ilustrar el texto.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Otro gran trabajo con la doble exposición que en este caso contribuye a incrementar la sensación invernal que se desprende de los árboles y la niebla.
    Un abrazo,

    ReplyDelete