Friday, July 13, 2018

Farewell to Tasha



Today we put our Tasha asleep. She was with us for nine wonderful years.  We found her at an animal shelter in Salt Lake City. She was six years old, not well, her fur was thin, she had a difficult time to walk and had a kennel cough.

We fell in love with her right away and brought her home. Soon Tasha was doing much better, she could run, jump and fight another dogs. We didn't know her past but we learned very quickly that Tasha was a fighter.

Tasha was lucky to meet a wonderful vet Dr. Moss who saved her life twice and took a genuine interest in her. 

Today we put her asleep. Tasha was fifteen years old. We knew that this was coming but you never ready for that.

Tasha was my best friend and my baby. I photographed her a lot and she was very kind.





Tasha is in the mountains. She was a great hiker.





Tasha fell asleep during one exhausting hike in the autumn. 





Tasha is posing as Russian Alionushka.




Tasha loved to smile. She was a very happy girl.





Tashenka with my hat.  I don't know why I wanted to photograph her this way but she didn't object and I was happy to take her portraits.