Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Mini World - 8. One of Those Days






After a few long weeks I finally was able to get to Bear river.

I hoped that I might find a few Great Blue herons there or perhaps ducks

but Bear river greeted me with silence.  All my friends - the shore birds - left.


At some point I left my car and walked for a long time along the river

looking for ducks and other birds not believing that they were gone.

 
 I thought how it happened that I fell in love with shore birds.

Why I have never looked for different birds? Birds in the fields?

Birds in the forests?

I wasn't interested in them, that is for sure.


Well, the shore birds left Bear river.

Soon Tundra swans would come but they will stay far away from the shore,

no way with my equipment would I get decent pictures of them.


Once Wendell Berry said,

when we no longer know what to do and which way to go, we have begun our real journey.

I want to believe him.







8 comments:

  1. It's a lovely quote and without doubt applies to all of us at some point in our lives. And as for your shorebirds, they will be back to see you again. Just wait a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All life is a series of cycles/sequences/repetitions and migrations -- some of them by design, some of them created by the forces of Nature. Thinking beings often have choices, where other creatures are destined to obey their instincts.

    Looks like another lonely guy in your photograph, Kaya ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sencilla pero muy bonita, Kaya. Me encanta!
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pus esta fotografía es muy, muy decente, Kaya. Sobre todo la edición.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your blog,I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in
    traffic density,which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    หนังใหม่

    ReplyDelete
  6. Una fotografía excelente desde el punto de vista compositivo y con un tratamiento en clave alta muy acertado para destacar sin distracciones la belleza de la garza y el complemento de su sombra en el agua.
    Una abrazo,

    ReplyDelete