Monday, January 20, 2020

Young Guys

Last Thursday was the warmest day in our cold winter and Antelope island was  peaceful without any breeze.  It almost felt like autumn.

When I saw young bisons running my first thought was how funny they run but later I changed my mind. They run smoothly in spite of their huge and heavy bodies. And they also run fast. 




This kid is running but it looks like he is jumping.




With mama.  No play time, no running on his own.





Here is another couple.  Mama is leading kid to the road.






Bisons are never in a hurry to cross a road.  I always wait patiently when they finally will be on another side and then I slowly drive forward. 

While waiting for a herd to cross a road  I often feel that all these guys own all roads on island and I am just an intruder who can be tolerated or not.






6 comments:


  1. I love your blog and how you show nature in photos. Beautiful shots of photos, great images that can not be seen sometimes the other way.❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. The road is now part of the bison mentality. They are beautiful and it is good luck to see them free and close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never see this kind of views where herd of Bison cross the road.... amazing view.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magníficas fotografías que nos muestran la fuerza de la naturaleza, del clima y de estos fuertes bisontes perfectamente adaptados a su entorno.
    Un abrazo,

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh love these.

    I need a photo expedition with you to see what you are photographing. That would be a dream.

    ReplyDelete