Sunday, January 9, 2022

Turkey Vultures at the End of Summer 2021




The last time I saw and photographed Turkey Vultures was at the end of summer in 2021.  I found them on one of the trees on the North Arm Wildlife Trail.  

While taking the photos I wondered if this will be my last photos of these birds  because they will be migrating soon to spend the winter in warmer climates.  

That was a pure luck that on that particular morning the group of Turkey Vultures decided to spend one more morning in this place before their migration.







The Turkey Vultures did the usual, they were peacefully perching and on occasion look around.  These two Vultures were close enough to each other and I was able to get them both in the same frame.








From time to time the Vultures were choosing another perch.  They were landing on a new branch gently with their wings wide open.














This year I plan to explore some new birding locations and travel longer distances.

The last year taught me a lot and I am grateful for all its lessons, good and bad.    
I am also grateful for each and every bird I was able to find and photograph.

Generally, life is good!









4 comments:

  1. up to one and a half metres in wingspan, so they can be spotted from a distance

    ReplyDelete
  2. He seems to have a hard time finding his place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. La verdad es que este buitre no tiene un bello rostro pero si un fuerte presencia. Seguro que no seguirás regalando nuevos bellos ejemplares de aves.
    Un abrazo y cuidate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Es sin duda curioso su aspecto e imponente. Las fotos son geniales, maravillosas. Besos Kaya.

    ReplyDelete