Saturday, June 24, 2023

In The Wasatch Mountains - XII. Forest Bathing


 


I recently learned about bathing in the forest.  Forest bathing originated in Japan, where they call it shinrin-yoku. The Japanese see forest bathing is serious medicine.  Trees are healers.  

The first rule of forest bathing is that you walk very slowly.

Our forests mostly are high in the mountains and a few days ago I went for my first forest bathing and hiked in the mountains very slow.

Nothing really happened - but that is the whole point. I listened to the birds, photographed dragonflies and butterflies.

I didn't bring my phone with me to the woods, turned off the radio while driving home and everything looked a little more vivid and different. 







Butterfly landed briefly on the flowers to collect nectar.








A big fat wasp is feasting on the mountains flowers.









A dragonfly that looks like an alien who visited our planet.

Life goes on.








7 comments:

  1. Dragonflies are very difficult to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Las macros de estas fotografĂ­as, te han salido perfecta y es otro aliciente mĂĄs, para caminar por el bosque.

    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que bellas macros. Me encantan sobre todo las libélulas.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandes fotos, Kaya, muy representativas de la primavera. Muy buenas macros.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing macros. and, I agree, forest bathing (or just spending time there with no electronic noise) is so beneficial.

    ReplyDelete