Thursday, June 15, 2023

On the Country Roads - I.


 


A few days ago, I made the decision that I will start driving on the country roads as I did several years ago, and see where they take me.

Today my trip was up North through the Logan Canyon which took me to the Heritage Farm, where I photographed goats, peacocks and chickens. 

By chance, I came across a small house where some lovely women were preparing delicious simple meals.

These women recreated the life of the Pioneers, also known as Mormons. This is their celebration of Pioneer Day which will take place on July 24th in Utah.

A bit of history:

Around 1868, pioneers walked or traveled in wagons through the desert 1,300 miles to Salt Lake City, Utah to establish themselves there.  It was the largest human migration in American history.

Life goes on.







6 comments:

  1. This is fascinating and I love the photo. Hope to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. La foto es estupenda, Kaya, nos muestra como es la vida cotidiana de otras personas.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Williamsburg I saw something similar a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erán mujeres fuertes y emprendedoras, de las que se puede vanagloriar un país.

    Feliz fin de semana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Жду продолжения рубрики по проселочным дорогам

    ReplyDelete
  6. those last two photos up top are so beautiful. Imagine catching a photo of that woman with the basket. Amazing capture.

    ReplyDelete