Monday, July 17, 2023

Notes to Self. Red Barn




I took this photo out of desperation. No, this is not a joke. The spring flood cut me off from the Bear River MBR and my favorite birds.

Knowing that there was no way I could get to the Bear River, I told myself that there was a big world around me and if I tried hard to discover something interesting in it then my favorite birds could wait.

One of my little "interesting" discoveries was the red barn, very important and festive.

Actually, I like the old dilapidated barns better. There is something very touching and sad about them. Such barns have closed one of the last pages of their lives and retired with dignity. 

Unfortunately, there were no old barns around, only important and festive one and at some point it suddenly seemed not so boring, it had its own special charm.

***

Я сделал это фото от отчаяния. Нет, это не шутка. Весенний паводок отрезал меня от МБР Медвежьей реки и моих любимых птиц.

Зная, что мне никак не добраться до Медвежьей реки, я сказал себе, что вокруг меня большой мир, и если я очень постараюсь открыть для себя в нем что-то интересное, то мои любимые птицы могут и подождать. 

Oдним из моих маленьких "интересных" открытий оказался красный амбар, очень важный такой, как будто он был на шоу.

Вообще-то, мне нравятся больше старые полуразрушенные амбары. Есть в них что-то очень трогательное и грустное. Такие амбары закрыли одну из последних страниц своей жизни и ушли на пенсию с достоинством.

К сожалению, старых амбаров вокруг не было, а был важный и праздничный, и в какой-то момент он показался не таким уж скучным, в нем был свой особый шарм.

Generally, life is good.







5 comments:

  1. Me alegro de que hayas publicado esta imagen, también es maravilloso contemplar ese paisaje. He admirado su belleza y el color rojo de ese atractivo granero.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think outside the box to broaden your own horizons. Well done, Kaya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red barn gives power to the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. El paraje es precioso con un gran colorido. A mí también me gustan las viejas estructuras, tienen más encanto.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - i take a photo of every barn I see. love barns.

    ReplyDelete