Thursday, August 10, 2023

Franklin's Gulls in Flight During the Dawn


 


The sun was slowly raising over the mountains when I noticed a chaotic group of birds circling over the Bear River.  From afar, I couldn't tell what kind of birds they were, but as I got closer I was glad to see Franklin's Gulls.  I haven't photograph these birds for a long time.






Franklin's Gulls are a mystery. They arrive in early spring on the Bear River MBR, stay for a short time and disappear. I know that they nest in marshes of Great Basin but why they don't nest in the Bear River MBR I have no idea.

Franklin's Gulls are transit migrants who visit the Bear River MBR in early spring and then leave somewhere else.




















Generally, life is good.








7 comments:

  1. Buenas tomas. Las que más me gustan son la primera y las dos últimas.
    Feliz fin de semana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preciosas fotos de esas gaviotas recortadas sobre el fondo desenfocado, centrando en ellas toda la atención.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonita secuencia del vuelo de la gaviota y una interesante explicación de su tránsito.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting to read, and nice photos as well. We don't have these birds in Sweden but I think
    the black headed gull is a "cousin" ?
    Greetings Lasse (sellberg nature photo)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Первое что пришло на ум : очень милая тушка))

    ReplyDelete