Sunday, June 30, 2024

Notes to Self. Rural Northern Utah


 

Arriving at the North Arm Wildlife Trail, I found a closed gate and a warning that the trail would be closed for several years. This meant that I would not see the Osprey family for a very long time.

Not knowing what to do, I put my telephoto lens on my shoulder and set off along the road where my eyes led and soon I found myself in a small rural town of Eden by the General Store that was built in 1881.  

The store once had an old dance hall on the upper level and a post office on the first floor.








In August 1925, the SunnyField Cannery was opened and went into operation with sixty three people were peeling and canning tomatoes.








My latest discovery was the old green street clock that was built in 1865.  I didn't see for a very long time the clocks like this one and was absolutely delighted with  it.

Generally, life is good.







6 comments:

  1. I like the clock too! It looks like you stepped back in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As if the building came out of a western movie!
    I really liked Kaya's photos!
    Have a creative July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonito lugar, Kaya, muy cinematográfico.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has encontrado un bonito lugar, que no esperabas. Me gusta mucho la fotografía del reloj.
    Que tengas un feliz mes de julio.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debe ser una agradable sorpresa descubrir algo que no estaba entre tus objetivos y además con una interesante historia.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete