Sunday, September 15, 2024

Immature Black-crowned Night Heron During Sunrise





I don't remember how it all started, but I remember very well the day I discovered a spacious backwater on the Bear River, which is the flight path of many birds.

When I am on the Bear River MBR, I drive to this backwater, and like a Great Blue Heron patiently wait  for the fish to come to me  when in the sky a bird may appear, any bird. 

Sometimes I see a squadron of pelicans heading my way or seagulls soaring overhead, but on some days a lone immature Black-night heron flies past. 








Generally, life is good.









8 comments:

  1. The good place at the true hours …

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfecta definición a pesar del movimiento del ave, con unos tonos ocre uniformes y muy atractivos.
    Un abrazo, Kaya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buenas capturas del ave en pleno buelo, Kaya, los colores y difinición muy bien realizados.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que bien has congelado su vuelo. Preciosas fotografías.
    Que tengas una buena semana. Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ¡Dios mío! ¡Ese ojo! ¡Y que nitidez!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Muy bellas las dos imagenes de la garza nocturna, con un fondo bien difuminado que centra la vista en el ave.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hai Kaya,
    Fantastic to see this flying heron. And what an amazing colors. This is so great.
    Exactly the right time and the right place and a good photographer for this beautiful result!! Big compliments!!

    Many greetings,
    Marco

    ReplyDelete