Sunday, April 1, 2018

American Avocets - I.

















American Avocets are medium size birds.

They are also skittish birds.

First time I saw them they were so far away 

that I even didn't try to photograph these birds.

Driving back home I thought how other photographers manage to get 

great photos of these beautiful birds.

Second time I decided to stay in my car and wait.

It took almost thirty minutes when some birds began to come a little closer to the shore.

But I still couldn't get any decent photographs because 

 birds were constantly looking for food with their heads in the water.

Then I started to notice a pattern.

American Avocets eat, eat and eat and then for a few seconds they stand still and rest or 

move around. 

During these few seconds I tried to take a few pictures.


American Avocets also can run on water.

They run so fast and a short distance. 

Unfortunately, I couldn't capture good photos of their run.








14 comments:

  1. Great shots!

    I have never heard of these birds until now.


    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their curved up beak and your patience taking these beautiful pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muy distintas a las avocetas que vemos por aquí, más coloridas

    ReplyDelete
  4. A spectacle of ungodly, beautifully illustrated and edited.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not recall seeing these birds in the wild, Kaya, but I have heard of them and seen photographs of them. I never have been a bird watcher per se, but I always have been interested in birds and animals and nature to the extent of having memberships in the Audubon Society and the Sierra Club.

    Your photographs are outstanding, from my point of view, and your use of your car as a blind is a terrific idea = I will remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aunque no pudieras captar imágenes de la avocetas a la carrera, has conseguido unas hermosas imágenes de ellas mientras se alimentaban.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kaya, your shots of these birds are absolutely beautiful, they're like poetry in motion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kaya, these are gorgeous photos!!!
    You are such a talented photographer...an artist in the true since of the word!!!
    WOW!!!

    Warmest Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pues, fruto de tu capacidad de observación del comportamiento de estas aves, has conseguido una serie de fotografías magníficas que ponen de manifiesto la belleza natural que poseen y su magnífico plumaje. Una idea muy buena la de fotografiarlas junto con sus reflejos en el agua.
    Un abrazo,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Preciosas tomas, con extraordinarias reflexiones. Cada una de ellas, tiene una enorme belleza.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kaya
    These are wonderful photographs, I enjoyed seeing them.
    Thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Después de un descanso por la Pascua regreso de nuevo y me encuentro con unas foto de gran belleza y estupendamente realizadas, buen trabajo, Kaya.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great!!!

    Wonderful pictures and wonderful editing too.

    On nature you've found the best way to express your inner self, and I'm very glad about it.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete