Monday, June 25, 2018

Mourning Dove

I begin to believe that some birds like to be photographed. They even sometimes pose in front of my camera. Seriously!



That is only the beginning. His wings are beautiful and strong and he lets me see every single feather.  




Then he slowly stretches his one leg and I can't take my eyes away. Beautiful, elegant and so well balanced bird. No clumsiness only steadiness.  I wish I would have these qualities. 





By the way, this bird got his/her name because of his singing. It's a long call filled with incredible sadness. 



8 comments:

  1. Pues si, da la sensación de que se hubiera puesto en el posadero exclusivamente para posar para ti.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. La has cogido en muy buenas posturas, se ve que está acostumbrada a posaar.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Как он прекрасен! И точно - будто специально позирует и красуется))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two that come to the mountains this time of year and at least that I know of - just 2 visit my yard. Every morning and evening before it's dark - they seem to come around and clean the seed left on the ground by the other birds.. Love the photos - I definitely think she was posing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buena toma, Kaya, captando esas tres fases de movimiento.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dancing bird. Fantastic captures. :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Kaya,
    blogger has an error 2.2
    It's not up to me to fix her.
    That's why my posts are no longer automatically uploaded to gogle + or to other blog links.
    I wish you a quiet and beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete