Saturday, June 23, 2018

Clark's Grebes

June, 2018. 

A young brave grebe eventually got closer to the shore and then a couple showed up.














I was hoping that some of these grebes would perform a show for me running across the water as part of their courtship ritual, but none of them did.  Their courtship ritual will continue through July. I still have a chance to capture it.

I also hope that I would be able to capture adult grebes with chicks riding on their backs but it will happen only at the end of July.

April, 2018

My first encounter with Clark's Grebes.
  









7 comments:

  1. Bonito reportaje sobre los Colimbos de Clark. Me gustan mucho los reflejos en el agua. Espero que en Julio puedas completar el reportaje sobre sus cortejos.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful meeting and strong photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos!! i hope you can get some with the chicks on the back of them. I remember the first time I saw a Grebe - was about six years ago when we moved to the mountains - they migrate through and stop at our local lake for awhile.

    your photos are always so clear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonitas fotografías, Kayas, estupendo el detalle de los reflejos y unos colores muy atractivos.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bom dia, lindas fotos excelentemente captadas no momento certo, as aves são belas.
    AG

    ReplyDelete