Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Juvenile American Avocets






They are teenagers. Immature and playful. 

They grew up a little bit bigger since last time I saw them but not much.

***
Today I got to Bear river one hour after sunrise.

I didn't expect much from this trip but to my surprise

there were many shorebirds.

The second week of August is the peak of the shorebird migration at Bear river

with average population around 70,000.


I saw avocets, Black stilts, Great Blue herons, 

one Snowy egret and many ducks.

My favorite songbirds mostly were silent, they stopped singing.






5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful photo with the bird's wings outstretched. Brilliant. And the ripples in the water.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! He is showing off for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are preparing for the challenges of life. Kaya, you've seen a very nice place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sunlight in this is a great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lighting in this is beautiful! Really a great photo.

    ReplyDelete