Sunday, August 12, 2018

About Trust and Friendship













I photographed hummingbirds three days in a row.


On the first day humming birds stayed far away from me. 

On the second they were a little closer.

On the third day hummingbirds were comfortable with my presence.


I wonder did they recognize me? Did they trust me?

I think they did.  


When I shared my experience with my husband

he told me a fascinating story how his aunt trained a chickadee to 

eat sunflower seeds out of her hand.

A chatty little bird trusted completely my husband's aunt.





7 comments:

  1. Fine images.
    The birds trusted the good man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful photos. Hummingbirds are so interesting to watch. Looks like you had your camera on a high shutter speed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly beautiful photos and I do think they learn trust. I've seen a man hold a hummingbird feeder (video) and they come right to his hand. So much evidence is out there anymore probably due to the internet where animals that are wild seem to trust humans who are kind to them. I think your hummingbird senses your kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are very patient you can coax a hummingbird to perch on your finger. Chickadees seem to be the most confiding of birds and come to the hand fairly readily. For children it is a magical experience indeed.

    ReplyDelete