Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Looking for Food




I took this photograph in November, 2018.  There were not many birds at that time at the Bear River, just a few Snowy Egrets and Great Blue Herons.

Right now it is March. I was patiently waiting for its arrival. After snowy and cold winter March was very welcome.  And it arrived. Capricious and unstable. Angry, rainy and snowy. No way I can get to the places I used to go, the roads would be muddy and with my driving skills I would definitely find myself stuck in the mud in the middle of the desert. That would be no fun at all.


But I was fortunate to get twice to Farmington Bay to photograph Bald Eagles  and watch them.  So far life is good!





5 comments:

  1. A very handsome bird well-photograohed, Kaya. I hope that he/she is finding lots to eat. Here in southern Ontario our Bald Eagles are already incubating and very soon now the heronries will once again throb with life as the Great Bkue Herons return to their familiar breeding places. The snow is starting to recede, each day seems to be a little warmer - Spring is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonita captura en busca del alimento diario.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wild life excellently surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bird - March - love it or hate it - it really always seems to have the same characteristics which make it get hard to get out and about - for us today it is very windy conditions which will probably be off and on all month.

    ReplyDelete