Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Notes to Self. Not a Holga But...





There was a time when I wanted to do film photography, to buy the cheap Holga camera, to learn how to convert film into digital and simply have fun. I almost did it. Almost.

I didn't buy the Holga camera.  Instead, I found on Amazon an antique cheap lens and started to work with it. 

It took for a while to learn how to use this lens, how to adjust exposure manually (never done it before) and see the world in black and white.

The quality wasn't my concern, I only wanted that photographs had a feeling, that they would arise emotions. 

***

This little shed/barn I photographed in all seasons but in winter it looks more interesting. Perhaps, because of its isolation.





9 comments:

  1. Да, на плёнку фотографировать трудно.
    Но когда-то я это любила. Любила проявлять фотографии в тёмной комнате. Сегодня этот процесс уже всеми забыт. Но как было здорово в те времена, когда процесс фотографирования был немного похож на колдовство!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i really like the isolated feel of this. nice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. Empty but inviting. I feel like I can hear the snow crunching beneath my feet.

    "I only wanted that photographs had a feeling, that they would arise emotions."

    It does!

    I think the cross in the foreground is unintentional, but I noticed it and I love it. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ese cobertizo solitario entre la nieve es un regalo para la vista. Bonita foto.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like photographs such as this for a number of reasons, not the least of which is they make me think of the 1850s and 1860s and how the world must have looked to my ancestors who were arriving here during those years. Admittedly, the world was just as colorful then as it is now, but photographs from that era are black and white, often blurry or out of focus, so I think of the world then that way. It makes everything then seem a bit lonely and confusing and frightening, which is how I assume they felt.

    I hope you publish a few more using this technique, Kaya ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photo--I like how you brought the cabin into focus while softening the foreground and background to make it stand it and give it a forlorn feeling.

    www.thepulpitandthepen.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. A dream image, an unreal beautiful world!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pues tu lente reproduce con bastante fidelidad los errores que hicieron famosa a la cámara HOLGA y que fueron el motivo de su gran éxito. La verdad es que al prescindir de la precisión que da la técnica uno se ve obligado a buscar alternativas para expresarse mediante la fotografía. Ese granero en medio de la nieve es un buen ejemplo.
    Un abrazo,

    ReplyDelete