Saturday, September 26, 2020

An Unusual Encounter


 

Birds are making decisions all the time, some of them are instinctive, others are their choices. 

I don't know why this Swainson's Hawk chose to stay on the pole where he was perching and didn't fly away when I stopped my car. He was so close that if I reached out my hand, I would touch him.  He looked through the open window at me as if he was studying me. 

The Hawk's eyes were large and stern and for a few seconds I felt uneasy. I wondered how does he see us, humans?  I am sure the Hawks see us in colors and have excellent vision but what about shapes and details?...  

Generally, life is good!







5 comments:

  1. Hello Kaya,
    This is great!! What a very good picture.
    Really nice.

    Greetings, Marco

    ReplyDelete
  2. A deep, sharp look. A bird's beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genial captura del halcón. Te está mirando como diciendo ¿qué estás haciendo humano en territorio?
    Un abrazo y cuidate mucho que esto esta cada dia peor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiene los ojos muy fijos, por si hubiera algún peligro salir volando.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete