Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Yesterday






The nights are freezing cold but the days are still warm and sunny.

I walk in the same open field toward the dry tree where I last time saw the Bald Eagle but instead of Eagle I see the Ring-billed Gull at the same spot.
  
 





The Ring-billed Gull isn't skittish and I am able to get to it close enough to get this  photo.








Bear River is peaceful and beautiful but it started to freeze. 

December, January and February are the hardest months for birds who are all year residents at Bear River.  Some of them will survive, others wil not.







The American Crow is sending to others a message.  Is it a warning? Or something else... 







The Gull decided to take off, it is time for me also to leave.  I am still far away from Bear River Refuge and it's getting late.







Getting close to my car I see a family of Canada Geese. I didn't see Geese for a whole month and my heart bits a little faster.  Geese are far away but it really doesn't matter. I enjoy watching how they are slowly crossing the field. 

***

On my way back home I am listening to one of my favorite Lennon's songs ''Imagine" on the radio. Yesterday forty years ago on December 8th John Lennon was murdered. 

This is my little tribute to a memory of John Lennon.

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one 


You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one...






6 comments:

  1. terrible depth of field, splendid lights and avifauna playing with colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. The future will be of the dreamers. Beautiful colors in photos. Captivating landscapes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kaya,
    Very nice pictures. Special to see the birds.
    And what a great colors of the frozen area. The colors are amazing with the clear blue water.

    Greetings, Marco

    ReplyDelete
  4. El paisaje de la primera foto se ve precioso y por las gaviotas siento una especial atracción, son avees muy bellas y lucen muy bien en tus fotos.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all the photos. Darn i would love just a day in that place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonita serie. El invierno es un mal momento para las aves. Imagino que cuando el río se hiele será más difícil para ellas.
    Para mi "Imagine" es la mejor canción de Lennon.
    Un abrazo y cuidate.

    ReplyDelete