Monday, January 25, 2021

Adult Male Northern Harriers




Yesterday I saw two Northern Harriers on Antelope Island but when I started to photograph them my lens couldn't focus and I felt so helpless not knowing what to do.  Luckily, Northern Harriers were making big circles in the sky and approaching closer and closer and my lens eventually started to focus.


Looking at these photos I smile because I imagined for so long how I would photograph these raptors but when it happened, everything was so challenging and different. Well, you don't choose situation, it chooses you unless you plan ahead.








Adult Male Northern Harrier is a hawk with long broad wings and a white rump patch.  Adult male Harriers are grayish.








A female Northern Harrier stays with her young ones most of the time for the few first weeks and a male brings food to female.








Generally, life is good!








6 comments:

  1. Afortunadamente has conseguido un enfoque perfecto, para que podamos disfrutar del vuelo de este ave.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Una bella ave en unas preciosas fotografías. Y has conseguido un enfoque con muchos detalles.
    Un abrazo y cuidate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, conseguiste fotos espectaculares. Hermosa ave. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful wings, vigorous specimen. A visual pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grandes fotos, Kaya, bien pilladas en pleno vuelo y con muy buena nitidez, el fondo blanco ayuda a resaltarlas más.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete