Wednesday, January 12, 2022

American Bald Eagle, Canada Geese and Common Mergansers at Dawn


 

It's been so long since I've been at the Bear River at dawn. The snow has melted, but the early morning is frosty. As I walked across the field to the river, my cheeks tingled from the cold and I thought perhaps, it's time to look for a lens coat and protect my lens from extreme cold.

My first bird I saw during sunrise at the Bear River was an American Bald Eagle. His majesty was perching on the top of a dead tree and looking down from time to time for a movement on the ground.








Canada Geese were flying from their roost, they were heading south.









And then I saw the immature Common Mergansers.  I have never met these birds before and was happy to take a few photos of them.








Common Merganser is taking off.










Generally, life is good!








5 comments:

  1. more beautiful encounters, in the early morning ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regreso después de un parón navideño. Preciosas fotografías, Kaya, con la calidad que nos tienes acostumbrado.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha sido un día bien aprobechado obteniendo una gran variedad de bellas fotos.
    Un abrazo y cuidate.

    ReplyDelete