Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Notes to Self. Young Great Horned Owlets



Every time when I am on Antelope Island I am driving to one of Bisons' barns to visit the family of Great Horned Owls and see how their young ones are doing.

The young owls (there are two of them) became pretty big, they fly easily around the barn. 

The owlets are always under the supervision of their parents, who will feed them for the next few months and protect them from danger.








This young owl unlike his sibling was awake and active during my last visit.







  
Sometimes the owlet perched on a rope hanging from the ceiling and watched me.

Generally, life is good!









4 comments:

  1. Отличные фото! от первого кадра душа тает от умиления)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow they are beautiful!! I love your photos - they're always so clear and the way you describe how you got them.

    ReplyDelete