Saturday, November 11, 2023

Immature Female Hooded Oriole


 


That July morning on the North Arm Wildlife Trail was peaceful, not a breath of wind, only the ringing songs of blackbirds. 

At some point I heard a gentle bird song I have never heard before and then I saw the "singer", the long and slender bird with slightly curved bill.  

At the beginning I had no idea what kind of bird it was.  Only later I learned that I encountered my first immature female Hooded Oriole. 

Nature never ceases to amaze me, sometimes in the most seemingly ordinary moments, suddenly a beautiful unfamiliar bird appears out of nowhere and even performs a short, sonorous song for you.  Isn't this happiness?

Generally, life is good.







5 comments:

  1. A veces la paciencia nos da un premio. Aunque en esta ocasión creo que han sido dos, una bella fotografía y poder escuchar el canto del ave.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pleasure, the joy of wild encounters. Merci.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Es precioso el pájaro. Creo que verlo en directo y escuchar su canto, debe ser emocionante.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bello pájaro, Kaya, muy bien fotografiado.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bird seems to be a soloist proud of what he does.

    ReplyDelete