Monday, February 26, 2024

Second Encounter with an European Starling




When I first saw this Starling at Buffalo Point on Antelope Island,  I thought:  what kind of wind carried this bird high into the mountains.  The second time when I met the same Starling I was sure that this area was his territory.  






I have never been so close to any bird before.  The Starling did not seem to be bothered by my presence.  The little brave bird didn’t even think about flying away.






Generally, life is good.






7 comments:

  1. Tiene unas poses muy simpáticas y se aprecia una buena nitidez, en las fotos.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize that you had other blogs..Love your photo of the starling. They are very social birds and very much like mockingbirds in their vocalization. I may put a photo of one that had a "conversation" with my husband last month, on my blog in a few days.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lo raro es que hayas encontrado un estornino solitario, son pájaros muy gregarios que forman grandes bandadas muy vistosas. Este no se molestó con tu presencia porque sabía que tus intenciones eran buenas.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que belleza de colorido tiene en su plumaje, Kaya, bonitas tomas.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The feathers look like they were painted by a very inspired artist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always feel blessed when I get a chance to photograph a Starling . Great photos!

    ReplyDelete