Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Chukar Partridge on Antelope Island


 


When I am on Antelope Island, I am always on the lookout for Chukars. Usually I examine the rocks in the hope of seeing one or two Chukars sitting on them. This time I spotted the Chukar on the top of the hill in a very unusual place.

During our meeting, the bird surprised me even more; it kept showing only its back.  It was very impolite but from time to time the Chukar mercifully turned her head showing its shining eyes - rather one eye - and that was enough.








Chukar gave me an opportunity to study her tail, which I had never seen before. The tail seemed short and rounded.  The tail feathers perfectly matched the overall coloration of bird.  







Generally, life is good.








5 comments:

  1. Facing into the wind, ready to take off in the event of a serious alert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. La naturaleza está en todas partes. En la pequeña isla donde nací, Ibiza (Baleares), las he visto volar en bandadas por las mañanas temprano en los campos desiertos.
    Abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que bonita es la perdiz, Kaya y tus fotos son extraordinarias y están muy ben realizadas.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an intimate moment between you both! I love all about this little story.

    huge hugs.
    _i.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An extraordinary bird, well photographed. A special moment.
    Greetings Lasse (sellberg nature photo)

    ReplyDelete