Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Male Mule Deer and His Harem




I noticed a male Mule Deer when I was leaving Antelope Island.  He was far away and I decided to walk toward him.  

It didn't take long time to realize that he wasn't alone. Three beautiful females were with him.




The female deer were shy and all the time hiding but this one was curious and gave me a long look.









Another female deer. Very careful and skittish.

At some point I stopped and decided not to come closer, I didn't want to annoy this powerful and handsome guy with his harem.

10 comments:

  1. Truly one of the outstanding residents of the Great Plains, and a male with a harem of three females is a lucky fellow it seems to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicate images of the most beautiful and innocent animals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rut season / mating season is in progress now, Kaya, so bucks usually are distracted and preoccupied, making it easier for hunters / photographers to approach them.

    Your photographs are excellent and it was enjoyable to see a few mule deer. Whitetail deer are found in Minnesota, and I have not seen a mule deer since I left Dakota.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures and compositions..
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Preciosas fotografías las de esos ciervos semiocultos entre los cardos y lo que parece la hierba de la pampa con sus plumas. Me encanta el pajarillo de la nueva cabecera.
    Un abrazo,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Важный господин!)) Чудесные фотографии!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buenas imagenes... Me encanta ver como el animal está expectante
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete