Friday, November 23, 2018

Welcome Back a Black-capped Chickadee!




This special bird is back to our local pond. It means that winter will arrive soon.

What can I say about this bird?  She has a small body but a big attitude. She is curious and daring.  And most important she is happy to be alive.

This little bird taught me to be patient when I first photographed her in January.  My bird photography started with photographing this bird on a cold snowy morning.  On this morning I made a giant leap into bird photography. 


9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I don't think so but I am not sure...

      Delete
    2. It is in fact quite gregarious outside the breeding season. It is often seen in small flocks, often with nuthatches too.

      Delete
  2. They are so cute and tiny. One of the friendliest birds that will eat seed from one's hand without too much coaching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes people ask me to name my favourite bird, and it is such a difficult request, for in truth it depends on where I am, my mood at the time, even the weather can be a factor. But if I absolutely HAD to pick a favourite, I think that Black-capped Chickadee would be it. They are tiny little bundles of joy with a cheerful call and brighten up even the coldest winter’s day. As soon as it is light I will look outside and they will be right there at my feeders. Have a great weekend, Kaya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enhorabuena Kaya, es una foto espectacular y el ave preciosa. Saludos cordiales.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bello ave, Kaya, me gusta como esta compuesta, con el palo trazando la diagonal de la fotografía.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me encanta ese pequeño pájaro posado sobre una rama que te ha servido como elemento compositivo trazando una diagonal perfecta.
    Un abrazo,

    ReplyDelete
  7. An image for the National Geographic cover!

    ReplyDelete