Saturday, January 11, 2020

American Kestrel at Bear River

My first photograph of American Kestrel I took three years ago and since that I never seen this bird again.  

Two days ago was my chance to take more photos of this beautiful bird but at the begging I almost missed this opportunity because all my equipment was already packed.









When I repacked my equipment and was ready to take photos of kestrel of course, the bird was gone. But in a few minutes I saw the same male kestrel again and started my "hunt."

I was passing the poles along the road where kestrel was perching for a short while but immediately flying away with my approach.  When I reached the fourth pole without any hope to take one decent photograph, for some unknown reason a kestrel decided to be cooperative. 

***

The American  Kestrel is the most colorful and the smallest falcon in North America. They live between 10 to 15 years.





14 comments:

  1. aww...the colors look so unique....beautiful little bird

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has an incredibly beautiful color of feather.
    Clarity and background with a uniform blur registered trademark, as usual on this page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a really interesting looking bird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. En ocasiones, siguiendo las carreteras de la meseta en España, he podido observar a los cernícalos, bien apostados en lo alto de los postes de telefonía, bien suspendidos en el aire, detenidos sobre un punto concreto, con un leve movimiento de sus alas .
    Un abrazo,

    ReplyDelete
  5. The camouflage kid ....
    I think he is posing for you, Kaya ....
    Superb photographs ....
    One visits my yard on occasion ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tiene preciosos colores. Al final has tenido la fotuna de hacerle la foto y con una gran pose.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Es una preciosidad de ave y parece como si estuviera posando para ti.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Precioso el modo en que ese bello animal cooperó contigo...

    Un abrazo, amiga

    ReplyDelete
  9. Precioso el plumaje de este ave,Kaya, muy bien captado con tu cámara. Buenas tomas.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Los dibujos y colores de sus plumas son bellísimos.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow so beautiful - ... I would love to see the birds like what you are photographing. I need a walkabout with you, lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so impressed with your photos. It seems that you have some great wildlife where you live to inspire you!

    ReplyDelete