Monday, May 25, 2020

Togetherness

I have never seen such a tenderness and patience in Pelicans. The Pelican who was half awake and half asleep never was annoyed by another Pelican who was gently streatching. I guess they were so comfortable, so secure together.



















I learned also something different about framing Pelicans and creating close ups. 

Pelicans have a long bill and it was a challenge for me not to cut it in my photos. Luckily, the napping Pelican kept its bill hidden all the time but when another Pelican kept his bill up, I couldn't create a close up frame because it didn't feel and look right. 





13 comments:

  1. They are not hungry and have time to be pampered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imágenes con mucho romanticismo y sentimientos, Kaya, fotos muy oportunas y de calidad.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this intrigues me and I'd like to know how do they nest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These Pelicans are breeding and nesting on the Gunnison Island
      that is isolated. Public isn't allowed to be there. That is all I can say.

      Delete
  4. Bellas fotografías de la pareja de pelicanos. Cada cual tiene su despertar, como las personas. Unos se activan de inmediato y otros necesitan su tiempo o su primer café.
    Un abrazo y cuidate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Imágenes muy tiernas de una simpática pareja.

    Las imágenes son de gran belleza.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  6. You said you have never seen such a tenderness and patience in Pelicans. I haven't either. And I have never seen such beautiful photos, they absolutely amazing! Thank you for sharing this beauty and inspiration. I enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's also true what you say if the pelicans enjoy sleeping comfortably without any worries about their surroundings. Good camera shot, friend. Greetings from Indonesia

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look like in love with each other. hehe Extraordinary photos.
    Have a very nice, full of love day. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantásticas Kaya. Mucha termura.Y superaste estupendamenbte ese desafío.
    Cuídate.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like a graceful dance to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unes imatges molt tendres, Kaya. Una abraçada.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Magnífica serie sobre los pelícanos y tienes toda la razón cuando dices que es difícil enmarcarlos en los primeros planos pues cualquier movimiento imprevisto hace que se salgan de plano; yo tengo esa misma experiencia.
    Un abrazo y salud,

    ReplyDelete