Sunday, January 16, 2022

It's Time to Watch Tundra Swans in Northern Utah- I.




When I saw the Tundra Swans this morning, I could not believe that they were already at the Bear River MBR. I expected them to arrive later, somewhere in early February.

Each year, thousands of Tundra Swans migrate into Northern Utah. Along their journey, the Swans need to rest and recuperate before they continue on.  The Bear River became a perfect place for Swans to rest. 







At the beginning Tundra Swans were dozing and I had to wait for almost half an hour when they would awake.  Standing on the icy bank of the river and waiting, waiting seemed like an eternity, but my patience was rewarded with a few interesting moments when the swans woke up.









At some point a Bald Eagle landed on icy river and I had to stop photographing Swans and walked along the shore to get a few photos of this raptor.








Generally, life is good!