Wednesday, December 6, 2023

In November on the Great Salt Lake


 

Seeing a variety of ducks in November on the Great Salt Lake was very exciting  and at the same time challenging adventure.   

I wasn't wrong when I said "challenging", because I don't see ducks often, I know so little about them and having observed these wonderful birds, I knew that identifying them would be quite difficult.
 
In the photo above, an American Wigeon swims past with great dignity.  








I love when birds interact with each other because they are somewhat reminiscent of us, humans. 

Gadwall stopped swimming for a while because watching the avocet march past him was a funny show that couldn't be missed.








A magnificent trio. 

Two avocets and Wigeon seem to be oblivious to each other, but this is very deceptive. 

Generally, life is good. 







3 comments:

  1. All the fun of identifying male ducks, between mating plumage, eclipse plumage and winter plumage ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unas divertidas y bellas fotografias.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete