Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Female Common Yellowthroat







When I am having a difficult time to identify a bird I remember the words of the wildlife photographer Paul Higgins " I am becoming less preoccupied with labeling birds and more experiencing them."  I feel the same lately.

Well, I believe that I photographed a female Common Yellowthroat but I am not sure because this bird is a complete migrator. It migrates to Arizona, Mexico and Central America. I took her photos in the middle of November and it was getting cold. 

On the first photograph she looks a little grouchy, but on the second the bird is more relaxed enjoying nice sunny morning.



12 comments:

  1. Both photos are technically and aesthetically successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bird is indeed a female Common Yellowthroat. I guess she decided to stay around a little longer than usual. While I agree that it is important to enjoy the birds, it is also important to learn how to identify them. For me it is no different from getting to know people by name. It is nice to know who they are rather than just “the nice lady who walks by my house every day.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. not easy but you are probably right ! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No es fácil distinguir unas aves. Me quedo con su belleza y su buen posado.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is another bird I would not recognize if she landed next to me. She is beautiful and your photographs are perfection, Kaya ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Las dos son espléndidas y parece como si el pájaro estuviera posando para ti.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Preciosas tomas, Kaya, con una composiciones muy atractivas y visuales.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a beautiful photo of Yellowthroat
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beauty. Taking photos of birds is not easy but you can do it so beautifully. Gorgeous photos!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Espectacular Kaya, se ve hermoso. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Son dos fotografías geniales. Has aprovechado muy bien el posadero para que el ave quede aislada y destaque plenamente sobre el cielo.
    Un abrazo,

    ReplyDelete