Saturday, February 4, 2023

My Favorite Sparrow Dark-eyed Junco


 


I started my bird photography mainly taking photos of different sparrows.  Dark-eyed Junco was one of them.  This little bird with a rounded head, a short bill and rather long conspicuous tail is my favorite sparrow.

I met this Junco a few days ago in our local park and just watched him without even thinking to take his photos. 

As I was about to leave the Junco suddenly stretched forward his tiny body in a matter of seconds, lightly touching the snow.  The stretch was so beautiful, so elegant.

Life goes on.








6 comments:

  1. What dynamism in this excellent image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conoces ya la zona como la palma de tu mano y hasta distingue los gorriones unos de otro. Yo creo que está tan fmailiarizado a tus fotografías, que ya no tiene miedo alguno ante tu presencia,
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que oportuno disparo, le has captado en el momento justo de iniciar el vuelo. La foto es preciosa. Los gorriones me justan mucho, son unos pájaros muy simpáticos..
    Un abrazo y cuídate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Estupenda captura, Kaya, le pillaste iniciando el vuelo, estuviste muy oportuna.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Хорошенький... лапки привлекают внимание)

    ReplyDelete