Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Masters of Motionless


 


It was my lucky morning when at dawn I came across  five Black-night Herons fishing in a very unusual open area.  I was so excited to see these incredible birds that for the first few minutes it was hard for me to believe what was happening.

After spending almost two hours with Herons, I learned something interesting about their behavior.  The Herons stand in a crouched posture for a long time and stare at the water until they see and hear something.  









This Heron after standing for a long time decided to take a walk keeping its head low. 









Finally, after standing like a frozen statue the Heron changed its position and became alert.  He certainly heard something that attracted his attention. 







The Black-night Herons are masters of motionless.  The stand and stand waiting for a prey mainly at night or early morning.

It was early morning when I photographed Herons.  Light during the dawn was amazing but unfortunately short-lived.

Life goes on.







4 comments: