Sunday, February 11, 2024

A Few Female Mule Deer




Antelope Island reveals itself differently each time.  The island may surprise or disappoint you.  I noticed that something interesting was waiting for me when I least expected it.

This morning the Antelope Island was kind. Early in my adventure I encountered a small group of female Mule deer.






Mating season for mule deer continues through the end of February. Some of the does I saw this morning were already pregnant.  It's difficult to say whether they will have one faun or twins.

If this is the first pregnancy of a doe, then one fawn will be born, and in the next pregnancy there will be twins.

Generally, life is good.





5 comments:

  1. How can you sometimes be disappointed by this island, in what way ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disappointment with the island is very subjective.
      It depends on what you expect to see there. In my case it's birds 😊

      Delete
    2. and you got mammals and lovely pictures.

      Delete
  2. Muy bien retratados esos cervatillos, Kaya.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Por aquí hay fincas en las que abundan los venados. Los he podido ver, pero a larga distancia,
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete