Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Notes to Self. A Rock Wren



The winter this year has been strange. Snow and rain turned the dirt roads into sticky clods of mud and I didn't have much access to the Bear River MBR and spent mostly my time on Antelope Island where the roads are in good condition.

While hiking on the island I came across a short winding trail between high cliffs and was surprised to see a few birds I have never seen before. Later I will learn they were Rock Wrens.  Thank you to my friends who helped to identify this interesting bird.




The Rock Wren is a very active bird. It does not stay in one place for a long, so it was not easy to photograph it.  I had to wait for the wren to linger on the rock,  for a couple of seconds.





Generally, life is good.






12 comments:

  1. Un pájaro un poco extraño, parece un poco rechoncho pero también simpático.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pocket bird. Difficult to photograph, but excellently rendered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No había nunca ese nombre e pájaro. Me descubres un nuevo pájaro, que veo precioso.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kaya :) You've photographed a superb Rock Wren. See here: https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/613686041

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree !!! https://media.ebird.org/catalog?taxonCode=rocwre&regionCode=L190743&mediaType=photo

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much! I have never met before this bird and really struggled to identify it. Yes, it's a Rock Wren.
      Best wishes.

      Delete
  5. https://media.ebird.org/catalog?taxonCode=rocwre&regionCode=L190743&mediaType=photo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cao, thank you very much for the link! This is a Rock Wren! I am still learning:)

      Delete
  6. Me quedo con la imagen y tu satisfacción de haberlo captado.
    Chao Kaya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bellas fotógrafas, Kaya, un premio a la constancia.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete