Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Today





Today I tried to find Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge 

which happened to be far away from where I live.

I was warned that when I would reach this place I might see fires and smoke.

It's normal and it's managed.

I saw fire and for ten minutes I was driving in smoke.

Not a pleasant experience.

I saw a hawk. It was so far away that it was almost impossible to take its picture.

I took it anyway.

Well, I found Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge

but didn't drive around.

It's a harsh vast desert and I didn't have enough time to explore it.

On my way back I saw Canada geese and watched them for a while.








They resembled in some ways us, humans.

First, they walked all together in one direction.

And suddenly one goose broke the rule.

It changed its mind for no apparent reason and left his group 

walking in an opposite direction, to his own drum. 

A few geese stopped not knowing what to do.

They hesitated for a few minutes and joined the rebel goose.






Making decision who to follow.






Decision is made.  


Four Canada geese are walking to their own drum.







7 comments:

  1. I am glad that the Canada Geese provided you with both entertainment and photographic opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Master of a universe, which he conquered only for her - first foto.
    The gauntlets have an Indian summer decoration and appear in the chest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Впечатляюще. Забавно, когда они гуськом идут. фотография иногда ловит даже момент, когда они одновременно лапы поднимают))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to drive in smoke, it was certainly unpleasant. The first photo, however, is amazing. The geese certainly comforted you, though they walked their ways. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, I prefer the first photograph .... the one of the bird of prey. He looks like a sentinel on station / on duty / on guard. With the bird in profile perched atop the highest branch of a dead tree and a softly blurred background, the result is very artistic. A photographer could not hope for a better arrangement. The best photographs often are pretty much accidental ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hawk is ominous! But there he is, life in a harsh place.

    The geese are funny. Looking for someone to lead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Las fotos de los gansos, con ese procesado y ese tono, me parecen muy interesantes. No obstante, la del halcón encaramado en la punta más alta de esas ramas secas que se elevan al cielo es de las que me gustan especialmente, una gran fotografía.
    Un abrazo,

    ReplyDelete