Monday, August 20, 2018

Great Egrets at Farmington Bay - I.














May.  Farmington Bay.  Great egrets. 


I never left my car taking pictures of these birds,  

only from time to time moved

from a driver's seat to a passenger seat.

I was learning how to do it quickly and smoothly.


The birds stayed so close to the shore and that was what I needed.

 They were so beautiful and so graceful!


I would return back to this place the next day and then another day

 and the same Great egrets would be still there.


After a few days being crazy about Great egrets I came to conclusion that 

watching birds and photographing them is highly addictive.







6 comments:

  1. I think that what happens is that increased contact with birds enhances your appreciation of them and their lives. You become besotted with their beauty, you marvel at their mastery of the air, you begin to contemplate the rigours of migration, the life skills it takes to survive. Once you are hooked it’s a relationship for life, bonds that can never be severed. And you, Kaya, are blessed with a superb ability to take the most magnificent of photographs to encapsulate all that is good and wonderful about them. You are a very lucky woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, that is so true what you wrote about birds and us, about our appreciation and perception of them, about bonds we form with them which last for life.
    Thank you very much for your comment. It touched me deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catalin, I did something wrong answering comments and your comment disappeared.
    Thank you very much for you comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should also have pointed out that these egrets are Great Egrets not Snowy Egrets which have a black bill and yellow feet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. David, that is good that you pointed out that these birds are Great Egrets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow the bokeh is beautiful and these birds are gorgeous - the lighting - ...everything. i agree with what David said. You can see your love and attraction to them in your photos.

    ReplyDelete