Thursday, March 28, 2019

American Coots in a Mating Dance















A mating dance was not very long but long enough that I could take photos of it.  The dance was powerful, fast and beautiful.

I didn't understand why another American Coot joined later a mating couple. Perhaps, if things would not go well he could step into the dance. Or something like this...





American Coot resembles a duck but he is not a duck.  This migratory bird lives in the Pacific and Mexico year around and comes to Northern Utah for summer breeding.



12 comments:

  1. Schöne Serie von Bildern sehr aktiv die Blässhühner.

    Noke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, when I met Miriam I didn't have to dance at all! Just as well, she would have collapsed laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad we don't do it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. look like they are dancing...excellent shot.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excelentes fotografía de la danza de apareamiento.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Curiosos los momentos captados, Kaya, fotos muy oportunas de la danza de las aves.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great pics - we have so many at the lake and I've seen them do this. I also watch the mallards and one time one male was trying to drown the other one who was also going for the female. it was quite a sight to see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Otra vez jugando con estas preciosas aves, Kaya...Preciosas!!!
    Un fuerte abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. where is your second blog? I love the paints
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tanza, I deleted my painting blog. Thank you very much for liking my paintings.
    Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete