Monday, January 1, 2024

Notes to Self. Duck Hunting


 


When I spotted a man pulling his airboat along the shore of the Great Salt Lake I had no idea where he is going and what he is going to do. I also didn't know that I had met a duck hunter.

Personally, I think duck hunting is cruel to the ducks, but in my country it is an old tradition and nothing can be done about it.





The hunter found the place to hunt and began setting up decoys to attract ducks.  






 All decoys are in a special order. 

You are probably wondering why, despite my attitude towards hunting all living things, I decided to photograph this duck hunter?  

Curiosity is one of the reasons. The desire to tell a story about something I have never seen before and probably won't see again. 

Generally, life is good.






4 comments:

  1. La caza debería estar ilegalizada en todo el mundo. El deseo de matar sin razón no es ético.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunque no me gusta la caza las fotos son muy interesantes y bonitas. Feliz 2024.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In this age of abundant food and full freezers, the most bloodthirsty traditions need to change, and fast !

    ReplyDelete
  4. De agradecer, las imágenes y la reflexión!

    ReplyDelete