Saturday, January 27, 2024

Adult Gray Morph Eastern Screech-Owl




When I saw an owl leaning out of the bird's house, I couldn't believe my eyes, but as I came closer, I realized that I was not mistaken. 

At first, I thought I had met a Great Horned Owl but later I learned that an Eastern Screech-Owl was looking at me curiously from the round opening of the bird's house.  










Eastern Screech-Owls readily accept nest boxes and also use birdbaths and will visit them to drink and bathe.
 






Dozing with a half-closed eye, fluffy and so charming. 

Suzzane Labbe thank you very much for helping me to identify the owl!

Generally, life is good.








14 comments:

  1. Stupendo il Gufo e stupende le fotografie.
    Buona domenica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, que mirada tan penetrante... Bellisimas imagenes, amiga.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. El viernes estuve viendo un buho entre otras aves, en el Mercado Ibérico Romano de córdoba.
    Feliz domingo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello :) You were confuse because it looks very similar to Great Horned Owl but this one is an adult Eastern Screech Owl (Megascops asio). They often nest in duck's boxes. Nice catch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Suzanne, Kaya appréciera tes connaissances de cette science.

      Delete
    2. Suzanne, thank you very much for taking the time to comment and a special thank you for helping me to identify this owl.
      I appreciate it very much!

      Delete
    3. My pleasure :) Have a nice day !

      Delete
  5. Encantador sÍ.
    Excelente captura.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Parece como si estuviera empotrado en el agujero y no pudiera salir. Buena toma.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unas tomas muy curiosas, Kaya y de gran belleza. Fotos muy oportunas.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Kaya,
    What a funny look of this owl. I found that they have always a funny face.
    Good shots!!

    Many greetings, Marco

    ReplyDelete