Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Saying Goodbye to Rough-legged Hawks



At the beginning of winter I was not sure would I be able to get even one photograph of Rough-legged Hawk. I didn't know anything about their behavior, couldn't figure out how to approach them but later things started slowly to change.

Rough-legged hawks or Roughies left already Bear River MBR and migrated to the Arctic Tundra where they will mate, breed and raise their young ones.

Instead we have Swainson's hawks at Bear River MBR right now.  They are large migratory hawks who will spend summer here. I hope that luck will be on my side and I will get one decent photo of Swainson's hawk.





4 comments:

  1. Luck is for those who are not static.
    The hawk is following you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Él sabía que lo estabas fotografiando y te miró. Fantástica.
    Desde casa te mando este abrazo 🙅

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kaya,
    What a great picture.
    So fantastic how you've could photograph this wonderful bird.
    Very well done!!

    Greetings, Marco

    ReplyDelete
  4. love learning about these hawks. love the photo too.

    ReplyDelete