Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Ospreys Saga - V.


 

Ospreys are tough raptors and when they defend their nests they are ready to do anything.  

On the photo above the female Osprey is making serious eye contact with me and refuses to let go, she hovers in the air with her talons down. The Osprey's beautiful appearance isn't for show, she threatens while unveiling glorious and powerful wings.









I was nervous while photographing this fearless female Osprey who was flying over my head but the opportunity was so rare that I couldn't miss it.








The female Osprey finally decided it was time to stop threatening and flew to her nest.

I took these photographs at the beginning of July when the female didn't feel comfortable about my close presence.  But with passing time she got used seeing me often. The female Osprey doesn't leave anymore her nest, she threatens me only at the beginning with a short loud chirping that lasts for a few seconds.

Generally, life is good!








4 comments:

  1. Красивая и сильная защитница. Фото 1 и 3 особо поразили!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me gusta verlas, con las alas abiertas, volando libremente por el cielo.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Piercing look. Very good clarity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Вострг!!! Вот это рвзмах... Просто чудо! Благдарю! Даже не представляю как это тебе удается!?

    ReplyDelete