Thursday, May 14, 2020

Spring in the Wasatch Mountains - VI. The Canyon Road

This road I know by heart. It leads through the canyon getting more narrow and curvy. It took a while for me to get used to drive on this road, right now I know every little pocket, every little curve of it.



If you look at upper middle you can see the red brick condos. I live in one of them.

The road that leads on the left will bring you to the Bonnevile Shoreline trail. 

When I started hiking this spring I was looking for my trail and wasn't sure will I find it or not. It's like the sky, the flying birds that don't leave footprints to follow.  I believe that I found my trail. It's the longest trail in the Wasatch mountains and has a beautiful long name.  The Bonnevile Shoreline trail...





I photographed this waterfall many times but seeing it from the high point was a very different experience.






14 comments:

  1. is it a high traffic road down yor condo ?
    Exotic waterfall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cão, over the years there is more and more traffic on this road
    but it wasn't always like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as the road is healthy, the future will be beautiful.
    I saw a waterfall like this in the Bucegi Mountains. It's called the Devil's Mill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Es muy bonita la cascada, da gusto ver como baja el agua desde encima de la pendiente.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beauty and serenity, about as close to being in heaven as one can get! Thank you so much for sharing this mesmerizing tour. Just the inspiration I needed right now. Your intro photo of the winding road would make an awesome wall painting that I could sit on the couch and stare at for hours...(well, maybe 15 minutes at a time anyway).

    Wishing you well, my friend! Stay Safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely waterfall.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. You live in a lovely area Kaya.
    Wow! What a gorgeous waterfall!!!
    Love the view!

    Hugs Kaya ❤

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are fortunate to live in such an attractive area, Kaya ....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing that photo of your area - it's so beautiful!! I feel the same way about this mountain road ..hwy...to come up to the mountains. After 7 years I feel i know it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Muy bellas escenas de naturaleza, amiga... Unos lugares preciosos
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Un entorno precioso Kaya para dar buenos paseos por la naturaleza. Que lo disfrutes. Me encanta la cascada.
    Cuídate.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Un lugar agradable y, pese a la carretera, parece tranquilo y muy en contacto con la naturaleza.
    Un abrazo y salud,

    ReplyDelete
  13. No importa hacer una larga caminata si al final del camino está la recompensa de una bella cascada.
    Un abrazo y cuidate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. La primavera brota en tu blog, Kaya, que paleta de verdes más atractiva y la cascada todo un lujo para la vista.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete