Sunday, July 12, 2020

A Lonely Sandhill Crane Found a Mate








I was following this lonely Crane for a few weeks in the spring  hoping that eventually he will find a mate.  

I remember how he performed a short courtship dance spreading his wings in the marsh among ibises and avocets but there wasn't a mate around to admire his dance. Here is the link to his dance.

I asked my friends often would he eventually find a mate and always got optimistic answers.  "Of course, he would find", my friends said. And they were right!  This Crane found his mate, he isn't alone anymore. 

Today the Crane brought his mate to the place were he used to wander alone.   

***

Most of my photographs I take during sunrise when the desert is in a beautiful soft golden light. Later in the day the light is very harsh and the desert doesn't look very appealing. 






8 comments:

  1. isn't that a gregarious species?
    is this couple settled far from their fellow creatures or does this species reproduce in isolation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cão, the cranes are gregarious species.
      This couple aren't far from other cranes but for some reason they prefer to be alone.

      Delete
  2. great that he found a mate. I always look forward to any sandhill cranes you post as they don't migrate through here at all.

    love the photos -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molto belle queste Gru, fotografie bellissime.
    Buon inizio settimana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When it comes to photographing nature I wish I had you skills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Kaya,
    This is fantastic again!!
    So amazing how you have photograph these cranes. A wonderful place with a wonderful warm light. Great!!

    Greetings, Marco

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful shades.
    The bird is played in a beautiful moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Por fín ha encontrado su pareja, ahora es perfectamente feliz.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete